Sunday, May 3, 2009

Update from Cathie

I received this email from Cathie yesterday evening:

Darn! that's about all I can say. Aija says we are the best team that didn't win!! We have really, really had a lot of fun here. I do wish the curling could have gone a little better. We should have beat Japan. but a heavy guard messed up our opportunity to tie or even get one up on them. they were really hot. their coach is a Canadian and she said that it was the best game they had played the whole competition.

Oh well. We found out next year is in Russia.

Everybody is doing good. We had the party last night. It was really fun. Everybody danced, including Murphy. I have not seen anyone this am. Murphy got up and had breakfast by himself. I stayed in bed and finally got up and showered. We were talking about going somewhere today, but we may not after all. I'm going to walk up to the store after I finish with my email and look for something for Cori.

I know tomorrow we are going to the Otago Penninsula. that is where the albatross
colony and yellow eyed penguin colonies are. this really a pretty town. I can't believe the beaches. They are gorgeous and not even overly developed!

I think you'll have to wait until Emily gets home for photos. I know she has taken over 2000 photos or some such number. there's bound to be a lot of good ones. We all want to get together eventually and share photos with everyone. Murphy took 3 video cassettes worth of stuff too.

We'll be home late Tuesday night.


Well, it sounds like they had a great time at the Awards Ceremony! And who knows, maybe Russia next year???

We will post photos and more after they get home, I know I am looking forward to seeing some pictures! Especially of Penguins OUTSIDE the zoo, somehow that seems really weird to me....

Have a safe trip home!

1 comment: